rolling with the punches
It… hasn’t been the best of weekends over here. Jesse’s been very sick, I’ve been a little sick, and both the kids have had raging fevers, causing them to lay listlessly on the couch for hours on end, causing me to have serious mama worries. Luckily everyone seems to be on the road to recovery, but this bout of whatever nastiness someone brought home with himself (it certainly wasn’t me!!) has really put a damper on our weekend.
What did get accomplished this weekend? Ummm…
- I got half the house spotlessly cleaned. Feel free to come over and eat off the floor. But stay away from the living room and computer area.
- I managed to get about half the garden weeded and harvested what veg were ready for eating. Too bad the birds got to the few ripe strawberries before I did
- I caught up on the billing
What didn’t get accomplished?
- The other half of the house cleaning.
- The other half of the gardening.
- The writing I promised to do for someone – you just can’t be all quirky yet deep when you feel like crud and are worried about your kids. You just can’t.
So, obviously, there’s a lot on my plate Monday. Finish the house. Finish the garden. Get to the writing. Maybe write an actual blog post for here – who knows? Stranger things have happened! Fit in a workout. Register for the local elections. Find a violin repairman in the local area. Get to know what I’m sure will be a fab new group of friends on the Up & Running forum. And many more mundane little goings on that fill my day but don’t even warrant a mention on the blog.
Will it all get done Monday? Ha! I’ll be lucky if all that gets done by Friday. Not being able to get things done on my own timeline because of circumstances outside my control used to completely stress me out.Pre-TW Karena would be snapping at her kids, letting the workouts slide in favor of getting the important things done, rushing from here to there to there to here in a mad dash to accomplish everything. Not anymore. It surprises me how well I can roll with the punches these days.